Track our progress
Everest Base Camp Trek
Follow our 21 brave souls as they leave the warmth and comfort of home to take on the challenge of a lifetime all in aid of the Adventure Farm. On October 4th their 18 day trip will begin, during which our fantastic fundraisers will have to cope with not only the difficult terrain and dramatic increases in altitude, but very basic living conditions and NO SHOWERS!!!
They will trek to Everest Base Camp at the staggering altitude of 5,357m, and for those with enough fuel in the tank there will be a further slog to summit Kala Patthar at 5,545m – a fantastic mountain located near Base Camp which gives the BEST views of this majestic peak. Follow the progress of our plucky crew on this page, with frequent blogs (if our fingers aren’t too cold) and hopefully lots of photos.
Wish them luck as they embark on this challenge, and for family and friends - have the hot baths ready for them when they return!!
Click for... Tumblr Blog - Facebook Blog - Twitter Blog
- HUGE thanks to our lovely friends at @KFC_UKI At Easter Kamila and the team at Harpurhey raised over £1,000 for the… https://t.co/JCoFfjsTPY 2 hours, 9 minutes ago
- Yesterday we were honoured to be represented at the @manchester10k by a huge team of runners raising funds for our… https://t.co/oDnXCfLvCl 8 hours, 28 minutes ago
- What an amazing day for a Great Manchester Run!! We are excited to see all the CAFT runners popping to see us befor… https://t.co/sfeOpWy4J1 1 day, 10 hours ago
- Cooling down on a hot day at the Adventure Farm. https://t.co/DRQG1RK8ue 1 day, 11 hours ago
- There's always something to do in the Sports Hall. The children have so much fun playing the simplest of games! https://t.co/XOkAcjGNV9 2 days, 3 hours ago
- Stuart & Annie from our Activities Team have been learning British Sign Language as it's so important that we can c… https://t.co/YuURk4ktK6 3 days, 1 hour ago
- Now that's what you call bubbles! Sensory play comes in all forms at the Adventure Farm. It's both fun & therapy fo… https://t.co/Me8Qsr5gMn 3 days, 4 hours ago
- Has anyone seen June's edition of @cheshirelife yet? No spoilers from me, but you might want to check out page 208... 3 days, 6 hours ago
- Stuart from our Activities Team has been learning British Sign Language so that we can communicate freely with hear… https://t.co/mRV4H84VSj 3 days, 6 hours ago
The happy trekkers