Track our progress
Everest Base Camp Trek
Follow our 21 brave souls as they leave the warmth and comfort of home to take on the challenge of a lifetime all in aid of the Adventure Farm. On October 4th their 18 day trip will begin, during which our fantastic fundraisers will have to cope with not only the difficult terrain and dramatic increases in altitude, but very basic living conditions and NO SHOWERS!!!
They will trek to Everest Base Camp at the staggering altitude of 5,357m, and for those with enough fuel in the tank there will be a further slog to summit Kala Patthar at 5,545m – a fantastic mountain located near Base Camp which gives the BEST views of this majestic peak. Follow the progress of our plucky crew on this page, with frequent blogs (if our fingers aren’t too cold) and hopefully lots of photos.
Wish them luck as they embark on this challenge, and for family and friends - have the hot baths ready for them when they return!!
Click for... Tumblr Blog - Facebook Blog - Twitter Blog
- The sensory suite is a firm favourite with all children visiting CAFT. The sensory benefits are never-ending, and i… https://t.co/RbuGcrHfCm 2 hours, 24 minutes ago
- Sensory play is fantastic therapy and a huge amount of fun for all! https://t.co/KlkqqzCEZu 18 hours, 34 minutes ago
- Conquer Scotland's highest mountain with Team CAFT! Be one of our fantastic adventurers as we climb the majestic Be… https://t.co/zofmSkEI2F 1 day, 2 hours ago
- We need endless amount of help to keep our 10 acre Adventure Farm looking beautiful for the children, which is wher… https://t.co/jQG2FFqcED 1 day, 18 hours ago
- Amazing! Look at this fantastic donation of Pokémon toys & bags from our friends @corefulfilment which arrived toda… https://t.co/ghltkBF2GH 1 day, 20 hours ago
- Amazing to see the difference you can make with a bit of teamwork. Fantastic companies like @UKFast send teams over… https://t.co/uHhgw26xV6 1 day, 22 hours ago
- Hands up if you love the Adventure Farm! In 2018 approx 3000 children will visit CAFT for either a holiday, day vi… https://t.co/jd3kgabVho 2 days ago
- If it wasn't for fantastic teams like these from @UKFast our lovely Adventure Farm wouldn't look anywhere near as a… https://t.co/ir57bsl0kh 2 days, 3 hours ago
- Sometimes all you need are some playground chalks and your imagination. Here at CAFT we give children the freedom,… https://t.co/Dg3lQcctu6 2 days, 19 hours ago
The happy trekkers