Track our progress
Everest Base Camp Trek
Follow our 21 brave souls as they leave the warmth and comfort of home to take on the challenge of a lifetime all in aid of the Adventure Farm. On October 4th their 18 day trip will begin, during which our fantastic fundraisers will have to cope with not only the difficult terrain and dramatic increases in altitude, but very basic living conditions and NO SHOWERS!!!
They will trek to Everest Base Camp at the staggering altitude of 5,357m, and for those with enough fuel in the tank there will be a further slog to summit Kala Patthar at 5,545m – a fantastic mountain located near Base Camp which gives the BEST views of this majestic peak. Follow the progress of our plucky crew on this page, with frequent blogs (if our fingers aren’t too cold) and hopefully lots of photos.
Wish them luck as they embark on this challenge, and for family and friends - have the hot baths ready for them when they return!!
Click for... Tumblr Blog - Facebook Blog - Twitter Blog
- So this is what happens when you're filming mice with Martin. We're expecting a No.1 at the very least #CAFTMouse(t… https://t.co/sZpgp7ZWdw 11 hours, 48 minutes ago
- Great coverage in our local papers today about our fantastic cycling challenge in October in Madagascar. We still… https://t.co/xNMUuAJYCw 1 day, 13 hours ago
- All chefs need to look the part. The children love these aprons and hats made by our friend @jenny2pennies and it… https://t.co/wtYya3fFOl 2 days, 12 hours ago
- Children of all abilities and ages should be able to play together. This is never more important than when we have… https://t.co/fwEL9gQb7H 2 days, 15 hours ago
- I couldn't have put it better myself Jenny! The Golf Day is a fantastic event, a must for anyone wanting to pay the… https://t.co/eIkoCwrGry 2 days, 19 hours ago
- Those lovely folk over at @access4news are collecting Easter Eggs for us again this year, and we're so grateful. Th… https://t.co/sSzi3S7y7i 3 days, 17 hours ago
- Calling all golfers! Join us at @LifeatMere 3 May for a unique chance to play this beautiful Championship course wh… https://t.co/zu3ZZYCFwA 3 days, 23 hours ago
- Thanks to @StockleyFarmPk for bringing a gorgeous selection of birds over to meet the children from… https://t.co/vMLEhDnJVR 4 days, 14 hours ago
- Our friends at @KnutsfordNews have written a fantastic piece about our Cycle Madagascar challenge, read about it he… https://t.co/vIHuzjKKEn 4 days, 20 hours ago
The happy trekkers